PE & Sports Premium Funding
Schools receive PE and sports premium funding based on the number of pupils years 1 to 6. This funding must be used to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport we offer.
We use the premium to:
- engage children who do not participate in sport by offering clubs and activities;
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that we already offer;
- build capacity and capability with the school to ensure that improvements made now will benefit;
- provide greater opportunities for competitive sport.
There are 5 key indicators that we should expect to see improvement across:
- The engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – the Chief Medical Officer guidelines recommend that all children and young people aged 5 to 18 engage in at least 60 minutes of physical activity a day, of which 30 minutes should be in school;
- The profile of PE and sport is raised across the school as a tool for whole-school improvement
- Increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- Broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- Increased participation in competitive sport
As part of the funding criteria we are required to publish details of how we plan to spend the monies and a review of the impact on pupil outcomes.
Please click on the link below to view our reports.