Positive Relationships and Behaviour
- Every individual should be, and should feel, safe and valued at school
- Everyone should understand our simple rules and shared expectations
- Bullying and violence will not be tolerated
- Children will be expected to show respect and to care for others
- Adults will model the highest standards of behaviour
The governing body accepts these principles and seeks to create an environment in the school that encourages and reinforces these.
As a school, our aims are:
- To create an environment which encourages and reinforces positive relationships and behaviour.
- To define acceptable standards of behaviour.
- To encourage consistency of response to both positive and negative behaviour.
- To promote self-esteem, self-discipline and positive relationships.
- To ensure that the school’s expectations and strategies are widely known and understood.
- To encourage the involvement of both home and school in the implementation of this policy.
In all instances, it is the aim to promote, praise, reward and celebrate all positive learning, conduct and emotional behaviour choices.
Our Positive Relationships and Behaviour Policy below explains our approach and strategies we use to support positive behaviours that, in turn, enable positive relationships too. We also have a quick overview of some of our strategies and approaches in the Overview document below.